Corporate Membership is open to any company currently doing business, or wishing to explore business opportunities, in Commonwealth countries
Corporate membership is available in 11 group categories, determined by a company’s turnover at the time of application. Membership is renewed annually.
The benefits of membership
The CBC organizes and hosts a number of high level conferences, meetings, roundtables and trade missions across the Commonwealth, covering a diverse range of subjects and sectors. Membership benefits include:
- A set number of complimentary places (dependent on membership category) at designated CBC events, plus 50% off the full advertised delegate fee for other CBC events during the 12 month period covered by their membership.
- Speaking opportunities at our leading conferences and events.
- Exclusive members’ events, roundtables, receptions and dinners.
- Complimentary CBC economic publications sent to each nominee.
- The use of CBC’s logo (on application)
- Corporate branding on CBC’s website
- Access to Premium Content on the CBC website with a universal Corporate Access Key, valid for the duration of the membership.
- Access to decision makers and influential policy shapers, including Heads of Government and Commonwealth Ministers.
- Developing a clearer understanding of the political, economic and commercial environment in Commonwealth countries.
- Playing a 'thought leadership' role within the international business community.
- Exploring partnerships for specific projects with a sectoral or geographic focus.
- Contribution to policy inputs through participation in CBC Working Groups.
- Contribution to programme development for CBC projects, events and other activities.
- Sharing your company knowledge/expertise.
- Accessing the CBC's extensive information and relationship networks.
The CBC also works very closely with other companies and with governments and public sector bodies, on specific programme or project related activities and in various types of commercial relationships. One of the CBC's central functions is to represent the interests of the private sector within the Commonwealth.
Member companies must be represented on the Council at the level of Chairman, Chief Executive or other Board Member. A second representative should be nominated to liaise between the company and the CBC, normally receiving all correspondence sent out by the CBC.
Annual Subscription Fee
Corporate membership fees are determined by a company’s annual turnover at the time of application. Where appropriate, a department or division of an organization can apply in their own right, and their annual budget will determine which category of membership applies.
For UK VAT registered businesses VAT at 20% applies.
Corporate membership of the CBC is open to any company currently doing business, or wishing to explore business opportunities, in Commonwealth countries. Corporate members are required to nominate at least one Primary and one Secondary representative who will receive all membership correspondence. Other nominees can be provided depending on the category of membership.